The H2 Measurement Procedure With the GasCheck-H2, even tiny little leakages can be pinpointed. Hydrogen diffuses through almost any material due to its molecular size. The pipeline section to be checked is filled entirely with gas, and the pressure is increased slowly until the measurement pressure level is reached. The duration of the measurement varies according to the size of the leakage, the kind of soil, and the surface structure. The leakage on the pipeline will be below the spot showing the highest concentration of gas. Usually, the location indicated by the GasCheck does not deviate by more than a few centimetres from the actual leakage location.
Range of Use
- Home installations such as heating systems, underfloor heating systems, and water conduits.
- Pipeline constructions such as gas pipes, water pipes, district heating pipelines
- Electronics: Micro-processor controlled
- Sensors: Semi-conductor sensor in the PPM range
- Batteries: Rechargeable NiHy batteries (without memory effect)
- Pump: Rotary slide-valve pump (rotary pump)
- Alarm Indicator: The acoustic and optical alarm indicator is activated as soon as the device is switched on. The acoustic alarm indicator can be switched off manually. The following messages, among other things, are indicated: pump is taking in water, failure, and gas concentration
- Alarm Threshold: The alarm threshold can be individually set for each measurement range
- Reset: Pressing "reset" sets the display for all measurement ranges back to zero
- Case: Powder-coated aluminium housing
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 0.8 cm x 12 cm (L x H x W)
- Weight: About 2 kg
- Extent of Supply: Ground probe with water separator, space probe, bell probe, case, bag, battery recharger, battery recharger to be applied in vehicles, ground pick-up and ground probe equipped with integrated sensors for shortest possible response times